SIGNIFICANT IMPROVEMENT IN QUARTER OVER QUARTER GROSS PROFIT AND OPERATING LOSS
- Divestiture of Non-Core Medicinal Cannabis Assets: Results in META being a pure-play recreational cannabis retailer with a portfolio of greater than 30 operating stores across Canada.
- Progress in Ontario Roll-Out: Subsequent to the end of its third quarter, META completed the acquisition of a recreational cannabis retail store in Waterloo, and executed an asset purchase agreement to acquire a recreational cannabis retail store in Kitchener. The closing of the Kitchener store is subject to the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario approving the transaction.
- Quarter over Quarter Gross Profit Increased by 24%: META’s gross margin from its recreational cannabis retail operations increased from 30% in Q2 2020, to 36% in Q3 2020. Coupled with a 2% quarter over quarter revenue increase, META’s Q3 gross profit increased by 24% versus its Q2 gross profit.
- Quarter over Quarter Loss from Operations reduced by 47%: META reduced operating expenses by 15% in Q3 2020 vs Q2 2020, which contributed to quarter over quarter loss from operations reducing by 47%.
- Creating Canada’s Largest Recreational Cannabis Retail Network: Subsequent to the end of its third quarter, META executed a definitive arrangement agreement with High Tide Inc. (“High Tide”) pursuant to which High Tide will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of META. It is expected that the transaction will close in early November 2020.
TORONTO, Sept. 14, 2020 /CNW/ – Meta Growth Corp. (TSXV: META) (“Meta Growth”, “META” or the “Company”), a leading Canadian recreational cannabis retailer, today announced its financial and operational results for the third quarter of fiscal 2020 ended May 31, 2020.
Selected Summary of Quarterly Financial Results
|Statement of Loss Highlights|
|Three Months Ended|
|Recreational Retail Financial Results||May 31, 2020||Feb 29, 2020||Change|
|Loss from Operations||$2,642,915||$4,945,687||-46.6%|
For a more comprehensive overview of the financial highlights presented in this press release, please refer to Meta Growth’s Condensed Interim Consolidated Financial Statements for the three and nine months ended May 31, 2020 and May 31, 2019, and the Company’s Interim MD&A – Quarterly Highlights for the three and nine month period ended May 31, 2020. Both of these documents are available on the Company’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com.
The psychedelics market, still some bargains ? READ HERE
Improvements Across the Business
“In Q3, we saw improvements in our revenue, gross margin, and operating expenses,” said Mark Goliger, CEO of Meta Growth. “These improvements resulted in quarter over quarter loss from operations from our recreational cannabis retail business reducing by 47%. Having now divested of all of our medicinal cannabis assets, our strategic focus is on recreational retail. In order to be successful in recreational retail, we need scale. After evaluating numerous strategies and alternatives, we determined that it was in our shareholders best interest if we achieved this scale via a merger with High Tide. The merger is expected to create Canada’s largest cannabis retail network with greater than 60 operating stores, and the combined entity is expected to be adjusted EBITDA positive on a post-synergies basis.”
About Meta Growth
Meta Growth is a leader in secure, safe and responsible access to legal recreational cannabis in Canada. Through its Canada-wide network of Meta Cannabis Co.™, Meta Cannabis Supply Co.™ and NewLeaf Cannabis™ recreational cannabis retail stores, Meta Growth enables the public to gain knowledgeable access to Canada’s network of authorized Licensed Producers of cannabis. On August 21, 2020, Meta Growth announced that it entered into a definitive arrangement agreement with High Tide in connection with the Plan of Arrangement, whereby High Tide will acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of Meta Growth. The Combined Entity will create Canada’s largest cannabis retail network with 63 stores across Canada. It is expected that, subject to receipt of all regulatory, court, shareholder and other approvals, the Plan of Arrangement will be completed in the fourth quarter of 2020. Meta Growth is listed on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol (TSXV: META).
Sign up for MORE news updates !
This article is written and published by The Cannabis Stock
Disclaimer : The Cannabis Stock wants to promote the cannabis market with the best articles and news on the market. The Cannabis Stock does not recommend selling or buying any of the company mentioned and is not responsible for any losses that may result. The Cannabis Stock are engaged in the business of marketing and advertising companies
The Cannabis Stock and its employees may from time to time own shares of the companies named in the articles. All the facts reported by the cannabis stock are information that comes directly from the companies, from their website or on Sedar and are only published as information.