Advisors including Dr. Gabor Maté and Zach Walsh bring training and expertise in psychedelic-assisted therapy and mental health treatment
VANCOUVER, BC, June 24, 2020 /CNW/ – Numinus Wellness Inc. (“Numinus”) (TSX-V: NUMI) is pleased to announce its Clinical Advisory Council, chaired by Numinus Chief Medical Officer Dr. Evan Wood. Leveraging the expertise of its members, the council will be responsible for program development, knowledge mobilization and driving policy change in the psychedelic assisted therapy space.
“Our Clinical Advisory Council brings together scientific, mental health and clinical leaders to explore the potential of psychedelic assisted therapies in a safe, controlled therapeutic environment,” says Dr. Wood. “The council will work with company leadership to drive Numinus forward and engage policy makers and legislators to create the conditions where psychedelic therapies can be considered and advanced.”
Joining Dr. Wood as initial members of the Clinical Advisory Council are recognized leaders in research and healthcare, including:
- Dr. Gabor Maté, Retired Physician and Bestselling Author: Dr. Maté is a mental health and addiction specialist and retired physician who, after 20 years of family practice and palliative care experience, worked for over a decade in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside with patients challenged by drug addiction and mental illness. Dr. Maté is a bestselling author who has pioneered therapies and innovative, trauma-based approaches to mental health, earning him widespread recognition from the healthcare community. drgabormate.com
- Dr. Pam Kryskow, Physician and Clinical Instructor, University of British Columbia: Dr. Kryskow is trained in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, chronic pain management, family medicine, rural emergency medicine and Functional Medicine. She practices medicine in British Columbia and is a clinical instructor in the Department of Medicine at the University of British Columbia. Dr. Kryskow is currently working with other university experts on research related to ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, psychedelic microdosing, MDMA for chronic pain, psilocybin and psychedelic therapy. She is actively involved with colleagues bringing scientific education around psychedelic medicines to the forefront. med.ubc.ca
- Dr. Devon Christie, Medical Director, Numinus: Dr. Christie is a family physician with a focused practice in Multidisciplinary Pain Management and a Registered Therapeutic Counsellor, emphasizing Relational Somatic Therapy for trauma resolution. She is trained to deliver MDMA-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD (MAPS USA) and ketamine-assisted psychotherapy in a research setting. Dr. Christie is certified in Functional Medicine, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, Interpersonal Mindfulness and Kundalini Yoga. She is a recognized speaker and expert on the potential of incorporating psychedelic-assisted therapies in an integrated healthcare model and is a teacher in the postgraduate ‘Certificate in Psychedelic-Assisted Therapies and Research’ program at the California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS).
- Zach Walsh, Associate Professor of Psychology, University of British Columbia: Walsh is a clinical psychologist and Research Affiliate with the BC Centre on Substance Use. As an associate professor of psychology at the University of British Columbia, he directs the Therapeutic, Recreational, and Problematic Substance Use lab. Walsh has published and presented widely on topics related to psychedelics, cannabis, mental health and psychotherapy. He is an investigator for several ongoing studies of the therapeutic use of psychedelics and has worked clinically on trials of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy. psych.ubc.ca
- Kate Browning, Registered Nurse and Administrator & Instructor, Holistic Health, Langara College: Browning is a registered nurse specialized in mental health and substance use, psychotherapist, somatic therapist specialized in trauma and attachment, educator and doctoral candidate in clinical psychology. She was trained in ketamine-assisted psychotherapy at the Orenda Institute and with the Center for Transformational Psychotherapy. Browning has worked in a variety of healthcare and educational settings for over 25 years as a clinician, clinical supervisor, consultant, educator and lecturer and is currently an administrator and instructor in Continuing Studies with Langara College’s Holistic Health division. She is a former licensed and registered midwife with extensive training in subtle energy and consciousness-based healing practices. langara.ca
- Dr. Jason Marr, Founder & Director, Evoke Integrative Medicine Ltd.: Marr is a naturopathic doctor, performance and productivity coach and a health and wellness speaker. His evidence-informed, holistic and integrative approach helps professionals and corporate leadership teams overcome fatigue, anxiety and burnout while maximizing performance, productivity and resilience. evokemedicine.com
The Clinical Advisory Council will provide guidance and support on regulatory change, program design and protocol development. Members will leverage connections in the healthcare community to collaborate with leading researchers and groups working in mental illness, addiction and trauma treatment as well as provide their unique lenses of expertise on due diligence for clinic acquisitions and Numinus’s planned flagship wellness centre. The council adds strength to Numinus’s integrative approach to driving accessibility of psychedelic-assisted therapies for all.
“We’re proud to be working with the members of our Clinical Advisory Council to find new approaches to supplement existing treatment options for mental health, addiction and trauma,” says Numinus CEO Payton Nyquvest. “Their expertise will be vital as we work with health officials, leading research organizations, medical and therapeutic governing bodies and others to create an environment where psychedelic-assisted therapies can be made available as part of our healthcare system.”
Advisory Council Members
The psychedelic market | A little-known and undervalued company ahead of their peers | LOOK HERE
LAST ALERT MADE MORE THAN 800% !
This article is written and published by The Cannabis Stock
Disclaimer : The Cannabis Stock wants to promote the cannabis market with the best articles and news on the market. The Cannabis Stock does not recommend selling or buying any of the company mentioned and is not responsible for any losses that may result. The Cannabis Stock are engaged in the business of marketing and advertising companies
The Cannabis Stock and its employees may from time to time own shares of the companies named in the articles. All the facts reported by the cannabis stock are information that comes directly from the companies, from their website or on Sedar and are only published as information.